Sunday, May 16, 2010

Fickled foughts of funny

This is a fun nonsense tongue twisting piece I wrote last year that I still enjoy reading aloud.

The tilted bed inside my head reverted inside out
I led the peas of twisted keys outside my door to pout
The cheese of keys were made to please the sunny days too cold
Too cold too old too oversold too bottom blistered bold
Too bold to bother badder batter batting balls in buns
In bunning batter bawling badder pickled peckled puns
The puns the ones of pampered sons sent sickles signing south
The south the mouth the truth comes outh I know I asked a trouth
A trouth a tribble bent a nibble bounding by a bite
A bite a bibble senseless tribble bible bounding bike
The biking bending bible biting kiting kicking cur
Bowed bumblingly but bibley concurred to call me sir
To call me sir I must concur bent bibled beds aside
Aside to hide I must confide to please formaldehyde
To please formaldehyde tis said depends on your preserve
Preserve deserve some kind hors d'oeuvre consuming to conserve
Reserve preserve this final verve by bilking milk and honey
I senseless serve some pun preserve in fickled foughts of funny.

Denis Streeter

No comments:

Post a Comment