Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Riddling

I shaved the riddle backwards, but it ran in circles
Knocking off noon when summer came around
But it was still Spring, so I put it in a tunnel
Burrowing its hole so it couldn't be discovered
I sent a worm after it, but it was slow and confused
I sent an aphrodite, but all it did was giggle
I sent a clam and now they're lovers
I used my secret whistle and it ran in circles
I shaved the riddle backwards when the sun began to thaw
Knocking off noon as a knocked up clam
And now I hear little riddles all the time
I still don't understand what they're saying
But it fills me with delightful confusion
I love to hear their laughter and
They love to see confusion
So I clam up when the sun begins to thaw
Burrow down, catch one by the leg
I shaved the riddle backwards, but it ran in circles
Washing shores in a wet lipped goodbye
Riddling oceans with laughter's song.

Denis Streeter 4/3/12

No comments:

Post a Comment