Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I couldn't figure out their goal

The harmonies went to converse
In stacks of flowers gone reverse
I couldn't figure out their goal.
The shadow puppets made in line
I couldn't figure out their rhyme
In rivers gone reverse.
The cotton balls were living tall
I couldn't find them not at all
They'd disappeared on flame.
On flame the same I couldn't name
The junctions were so hard to tame
I took another bite.
The bite I took gave up the fight
In reels riding out my kite
I fingered out my thumb.
The fingering oh sang a song
The tune a flute could play along
I watched its upward bounce.
To bounce and flounce in crosswords true
I couldn't figure what to do
I joined the wrong at play.
In singing silly songs off tune
They left me little else to do
I brought my baritone.
There was no right there was no wrong
I couldn't tame a terrible tong
I breathed upon my glass.
In tongs of terse they'd gone reverse
The harmonies went to converse
I couldn't figure out their goal.

Denis Streeter  9/25/12

No comments:

Post a Comment