Saturday, June 28, 2014

Down by the watering hole

Back in the land where the tadpoles lie flat
I threw off my shoe when I shouldered my back
My back threw my shoes and then wandered away
My laces flew off to turn back at the quay
Got tangled in zippers and hopped up on wine
The laces strung out and reverted to pine
Turned into a raft as they watered the Styx
And pining the currents in splintered toothpicks
They toothpicked together in a tiny raft
A deer mouse a monkey though that may seem daft
When dashed through the rapids picked up by a deer
You may think I'm lying not being sincere
The deer and the monkey had a tug of war
Devouring toothpicks to settle the score
And spat up the toothpicks they monkeyed away
And watered the story to this very day.

Denis Streeter 6/28/14

No comments:

Post a Comment