Saturday, January 11, 2020

how to read the door

unpatched missile crisis in my yard
sizzling in my sandwiches
open the door
I break off the top and drink the handle
too much to earn before I die
venture capitals in lowers case i's
don't know the lying truth
is it sheep and goats
lion and the lamb
cat in the hat?
i'll go with that!
and whimpers in the john go home
where goes the venture capitals?
to eat with the homeless?
bless their thoughtless knees and nose
they sneeze and I goes
out of here.  the parking lot stinks
lay it out like magic.  there you go
it's just like making pies with skittles
you never know when it warms
it's got to last, but?
it's a shitty place to go
pull the mat, chatter the teeth, let the orange go
cat in the hat
is the best poetry I know
I ate at bed now dreaming
where does this fixture go?
i'm awake and sliding
the end of my match shivers and falls
is this metaphor or the real thing?

denis streeter     1/11/20

No comments:

Post a Comment