Sunday, April 3, 2011

Bald to Beard: 8 weeks later

The itchiness has lessened, and I just trimmed everything back at at the same level. It's still itchy...so all the people who say you get used to the itchiness are lying. It's just grown thicker...and not much longer. It feels like steel wool embedded into my skin...scratchy enough to scour a frying pan. I haven't figured out how to download my beard pictures onto this site, but I believe there's a couple on my facebook page. I do think the beard has changed my personality some. I'm more prone to crankiness, spontaneous and sometimes unwanted honesty, spontaneous generosity...and I'm not likely to give a reason for the good or bad I do. It does feel a bit freeing. It's odd to think that I might not have written "Blasphemy" without the irritation of my beard. I sent that to all my pastors...and one of them sat beside me while I was ushering at church this Sunday and tongue-in-cheek whispered "Heretic"...then went on to express how much she liked it. Heretic...hmmm...I oddly like the sound of that. Maybe the beard as an irritant can be a catalyst for change. In the meantime, let me know if there are any fry pans my beard can clean for you. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment