Sunday, June 26, 2011

Captivity

Written during my 5-6 PM Friday dinner break...and read aloud at closing. It was a strange day that didn't make a lot of sense...so...

Captivity

I eat the flat furnaces when the basetubs go down
Opening wire to eat the cheese
Attacking the gerbils with one open line
Eating the green hoses before the dawn went down
I am weary of holding it in
Smelling decaffeinated shells to dream in the night
While easter chocolates are burning holes in canoes
Washing over the surface in crimson signs of four
Wash tubs overflowed blocking all exits
I am weary of holding it in
Shouts of garbage can lids line the halls
Disappearing as rat traps raced wire cages
Flat as a pineapple with all the garlic
Longing to shadow the supper of gates
Twin fold and hiding the leaves in shadows
Out of depth, out of time, out of money
Leaves in the money mills out of business
Snarking up soup kitchens an ocean away
When the flat furnaces collapsed, no resuscitation
Just an air hose, a lime, and two breath mints
Soaring on the food of tommorrow's debasement
I am weary of holding it in
And when the tracks stopped, the soup flies scattered
I open my arms to let them in.

Denis Streeter 6/26/11

No comments:

Post a Comment