Saturday, August 18, 2012

Nothing

I just finished watching a Hal Hartley film called "Simple Men".  It was a pretentious piece of

Nothing

The signs began when they were first stopping
Opening doors in fields of nowhere
And the discussion came
Ruling out possibilities of hope and destruction
Centering on the good and the sick
I got out my razor blade and started cutting
First one finger then the hand
But the bone always got in the way
So I stopped cutting
Leaving the rest for some zombie apocalypse
But it was realism that you want
I could not give it to you
So you walked away
And I'm sad for another day
But then you said something I couldn't hear
And I thought it was okay
Until I realized I didn't know
And hope fell
Until I asked you what you said
"Nothing"
I could still feel the zombies eating my brain
But that was nothing
Finger food
What the hand hides
You cannot show
All the lies
You don't know
"Nothing"

Denis Streeter  8/18/12

No comments:

Post a Comment