Sunday, December 2, 2012

Safe

The roses count their sheep
Under where the wine spills
Dashing up pieces
The shards left behind
Tiny little beaches
Little universes ourselves
Lessons behind
Bound forward
Waiting for us to catch up
While we look back
And the road curves
Oh...we say
A complete circle
Back where we started
Inching forward in dreams
In life what it seems
Isn't real
Some overload dreams us back
To contemplation
Some explanation
To go forward
Meet what we know and can't explain
And converse
Meet what can't explain and know
And our world turns a twenty four hour revolution
How will we revolve, devolve, evolve
Involve with each other
I don't know
I only know the change
And empty my pockets
Find that special
Rock, twig, or leaf
That reminds me to share
And I feel safe.

Denis Streeter  12/2/12

No comments:

Post a Comment