Sunday, June 7, 2015

Here's the thing

It's like a puzzle
All the words are interchangeable
"Chasing spoon with a butter knife"
     could just as well be
"Floating bone in a dog fish barn"
Some nice images same syllables
But they live in another dimension
Words slip in and out of themselves
Lines drop and rearrange
It's still the same
I'm plagiarizing myself
Words rehearse by feel
Filling the flow then disappear
Ride out on a trite
Some reappear only in edited reverse
"With a butter knife chasing spoon"
"In a dog fish barn floating bone"
None of it makes sense
I really don't know what to do
It's part of the game, this puzzle
I guess I'm trying to figure myself
In this deep dish template
What was metaphor don't work
Lies in obscurity
I take my breathing utensils and let them air
Wander my smorgasbord eating indigestion
Oh but there's my template
I can digest again
But I digress
The longing that's real
Where's the food?
It's like a puzzle

Denis Streeter   6/7/15


No comments:

Post a Comment