Saturday, June 6, 2015

Janqetty

One of my customers used the word jankety.  I loved the sound but had no idea of the meaning.  I told her I'd use that word in a poem.  The internet dictionary say it means something like confused or messed up.  I prefer spelling with a q, like junque.  The pseudo-French spelling lends a certain dignity to this rummage of words. 

Many a night
I dreamt of scotch tape floating
And fountain pens in the sun
In their tic tock times
With the fish tales long
Lost in the forest of sea
When the mermaids sing
Long in the slippers wake
Let the letters slip
And the drafters daft
Watching shores realign
Seen through salmon song
Teething in prime
Circles eddy drifting in space
Pitchers popping perfect blind
Moonshine in line
Janqetty.

Denis Streeter  6/6/15

No comments:

Post a Comment