Tuesday, April 14, 2020

the new normal

out on the range waking up miners
it was minor detail
but something i enjoyed
blasting reveille through closed tent openings
hearing the rolling over and cursing was heart warming
those days back at boy scout camp
farragut state park idaho
that was one of my favorite things
nice having that sort of power
i didn't have any power
didn't know my capabilities
but i did discover i was inquisitive
wanted to know about people
read and listened a lot
didn't experience a lot
but i compared what i heard and read to reality
guess we all do that
for me it felt more like a calling
maybe that's why i fit into a college bookstore environment
unemployed fills me with anxiety
but it's good to stay in contact with my 2 former supervisors
good to stay in touch with my clogging friends
staying caught up with all my friends
who in the past had no time
now they have time
how are they doing in this plague
these are not minor issues
wake up
mine our depth
blast your revelle
into this new wilderness
supporting each other
is the new normal

denis streeter    4/14/20

No comments:

Post a Comment