Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sense and dreaming

Dreary loading the setting sun
Eyelid window tilted
Fishing downstream
Nonsense meadows
Sense walked out the door, but came back
Drew up my covers with Harold's purple crayon
Rest my eyes, dream of flying
Sensible came back. You can't do that.
Close my eyes and dream...
I'm at a friend's house and they won't let me leave
I'm already two hours late for work...
Why do I have these anxious dreams
I'm never late for work
But that was last night's dream
What will I dream tonight...
Angels and sparrows and and cottonwood rest in my head
Drovers of bows and pent up pistols lay their nests
Wonder and sensible work my dreams
Questioning my sleep
Dreary eyelid window tilted
Dreams of flying
You can't do that
Why not...

Denis Streeter 8/10/11

No comments:

Post a Comment