Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Four words

At Duvall poetry tonite we were given four words at the beginning of the first set...to spin into whatever we want! Then we could share them during the second set go-around.

Pelican
Salacious
Endgame
Stock exchange

Okay...so technically they aren't four words...but who cares!
And...I have to admit to not knowing the definition of "salacious", but luckily it was looked up...so we were given a working definition.
Fun exercise! Try it yourself...doesn't have to be these words.
What I came up with and read...

The pelican salacious(ly) answered my question
I'd been fishing for...
"Are cockles and mussels alive, alive oh?"
"Wouldn't you like to know", it answered salaciously...
And opened its mouth to swallow me down.
"What kind of endgame is this?"
"Yours..."
I read it New York Times Stock Exchange reports until it fell asleep...
Then I flew away.

Denis Streeter 11/2/11

No comments:

Post a Comment