Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Grocery list

A co-worker left her grocery list behind. That was her first mistake. Her second was me finding it. I wrote this piece, attached it to her list, and taped it next to the schedule. Wonder what she'll think on Thursday...

Bread
Milk
Red sauce
Spinach
Jam
Croutons
Green onions
Garlic
Sour cream
Bagels
Pesto?
Apples
Edamame
Chicken
Veg-oil
Cottage cheese
Bananas

I fed the bread
Milk and red sauce
But it was the spinach
That put me in a jam
The croutons and green onions
Sent the garlic away
While the sour cream
Apple pestoed the bagels
But the edamame
Chickened out
It was allergic to
The vegetable oil
While the cottage cheese
Shrugged its shoulders
This grocery list is
Bananas.

Denis Streeter 11/8/11

1 comment:

  1. Do you know whose grocery list it is? I want to think Sandy.

    ReplyDelete