Thursday, October 18, 2012

Reception committee

Sometimes the tops flow where I don't know
And I pull off the top and open the sharpener
Leaving the cannisters open where they roll
Hopping on dry ice riding the thunder
I don't know I don't know
When the fishing gear came tied with the huntsmen
Bent to beards laughing with ladders
When the old folk came tense with participles
Drinking lunch time wine and mercy
Opening the food vents waters flowed in
Flooded in glory and laughters sin
When the first came last and the last came first
Salamander wine dried my lips
And pulled my skin to gather in
Mats of flats and weathers glory
And the door opened out answering winds song
Breathless as creepers tangleweed bound
Bible side up with the middle removed
Cauterized top down
The senses were showing
Too late for the flood of tears
And the rooms opening light fought for more
Tears opening awareness
The mercy and wine
Breaking the ice cubes love left behind.

Denis Streeter  10/18/12

No comments:

Post a Comment