Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Tail wind

The barbers reached their max at two after nine
Spent chemicals and goldilocks down the drain
It was anyones enemy who came next
First the peaches then the plums
Someone had to pull out a thumb
And a thimble to put them in a stitch
Out the peephole looking at time
Reaching back to two after nine
Some mints returned looking happy
But they were having trademark issues
With the bears and the loopholes
And the after after was not here
Left behind on some slather flat
Through looking glass windows where Jack ate Sprat
Eating letters spies a rat
And the cook to cut off the tail
Toss or weave a rope
I don't remember
I don't even remember the words of this poem
If this is a poem
Or just nonsense streaming from my head
Better toss the pork rinds
Belly buttons are up
As a reasonable commodity it is such an oddity
But maybe not
Maybe I'm just saying that because it rhymes
Well not this time
It's two after nine
And the space mints are looking awfully spiritual
How did they get there I wonder
Under my tongue where Jack sprat rat
And the postman delivers under my mat
I don't know why I write these things
I just do
And I don't like to edit
But sometimes I do
Like to repeat myself
And the space mints are looking awfully spiritual.

Denis Streeter  10/17/12

No comments:

Post a Comment