Wednesday, March 9, 2011

No question marks

Okay...this is an odd one...
It starts as a rhyme...then turns into a dialogue...

Over by the shingle box
Where the crab grass grows
Lies two little mingles
And a pair of toes.
Now what are mingles, you say.
I don't know.
And what of the toes.
I don't knows.
Then why waste my time.
Because it shows.
Feeling snarky aren't you.
Well...okay...the answer to the question is no question marks.
Besides I wanted to rhyme grows and toes.
Why did you want to do that.
I don't know.
Probably the same reason why there are no question marks.
If you end with a question mark, the assumption is an answer.
I don't want to provide you with an answer.
Only the mystery.
Why don't you want to provide us with an answer.
Why do you want mysteries to go unsolved.
I didn't say I want mysteries to go unsolved.
No, but you did say only the mystery...
Well...okay...you got me mister semantics head.
Perhaps that's not quite what I meant.
Some mysteries I want solved...
You know...
Like where are my car keys.
Where is my pack.
Where is my wallet.
I hope I didn't leave them on top of my car again and drive off.
Okay...those mysteries I want solved.
But mysteries like who am I becoming.
Who will I connect with.
Those are mysteries I can live into.
What about the mystery of no question marks.
Oh...just leave it alone.
What did I say. Did I say something sensitive.
No. I'm just feeling a bit rebellious...
And I don't want to end with a question mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment