Friday, October 21, 2011

Connection

The night woke me up
Or maybe the chamomile tea
Watch reading 4:30
Seventeen minutes fast
Chest cold
Place hands on chest
Warm
Off...cold
Warm, cold...
Thinking of condo meeting
My downstairs neighbor
Becoming more persnickety since his health is deteriorating
To the point where I wonder if I'm being too loud
At night or in the morning
Walking on eggshells
I believe is the expression
Waiting for his angry call
Which does not come anymore
The current board president
Brought up how much he has actually done over the years
Kind of like our condo grounds keeper
But he is not able to help much now
I know it feeds his frustration
His independence fracturing
I'd like to help him
But I don't know how
Warm...cold...
His frustration feeding my frustration
Keeping me awake
Something I know is lacking
Connection
And the work day starts and ends
I talk to a condo board member
Discover what I do not know...
His cutting back on smoking and
Recovering from two heart attacks
I feel a better understanding...
A closer
Connection

Denis Streeter 10/20/11

No comments:

Post a Comment