Saturday, October 15, 2011

Remembering

At what point
Does the bad outweigh the good
You may say
Our legal system determines that
But there's something deeper
Some moral compass that can guide or derail our lives
You guide two nineteen year homeless youth
About a mile to a church shelter
You feel good.
But in spiralling downward moments
When you voice vindictive thoughts about family and co-workers
You feel bad...and in better times wonder
What drove you to voice such thoughts
Was it just venting?
Wanting to get attention?
Loneliness?
Sometimes I feel driven to express
The inexpressible
The forbidden
I don't quite know why
Maybe it's to keep the bad from outweighing the good
But I worry of the forbidden expression impact on others
I need to express myself
Selectively
On that ever changing continuum of human nature
Remembering the repercussions
Remembering the good
Love

Denis Streeter 10/15/11

No comments:

Post a Comment