Monday, October 3, 2011

Resonance

Today I got enough sleep and my back is much better, though now it's migrated to my right shoulder. Pain is like a human map. It likes to travel. I wonder if it's sucking down a daiquiri now... I'm at the library...photocopying my "Shadow breakers" piece. Think I'll read that at Monday night poetry. I'll let you know how it turns out. Turned in "Donnie Darko". I won't spoil it if you haven't seen it. I remember when I first saw it 23 years ago. It was intriguing to me then, though it didn't make much sense. I wanted to see it again...wondering why it has become a cult hit. I think I kind of understand why. It has a quirky mysterious element where the world is a dark place...and great late 1980's music lends it atmosphere. It also has a social 911 parallel darkness...where a large object hits the house of the protagonist. I like the psychological drama between his family and school friends...how it relates to the small community. I knew the ending, but it still surprised me. It's an uneven movie, but I still recommmend it. In a post 911 world, it resonates today. Time to leave the library. I'll see how "Shadow breakers" works reading aloud tonite.

No comments:

Post a Comment