Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Antony Ant and the Earwig Pirates

I was exploring the bargain books at the University Book Store on the Ave and saw an Australian picture book classic by D.H. Gilmore. Can't remember that title because of the title that had listed on the back of that book. As soon as I saw the title, I knew I had to have it! "Antony Ant and the Earwig Pirates, Gregory Grasshopper, and the Cruise of the Saucy Walnut". It is a three story picture book written and illustrated by the author I believe around the 1930's. Has anyone heard of it? I couldn't order it through the King County Library...so I put a request for an interlibrary loan...could take months! I'm too impatient. Must have it now! So I ordered a reprinted copy through Abebooks through a bookstore in the UK...for $17.20 including shipping. I can't wait for it to arrive! Well...actually I have to wait...about 3-6 weeks... But come on...it was worth it...just for the title alone!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Denis,

    I used three of your poems at TeenWrite last weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely worth it! I want to hear about the Cruise of the Saucy Walnut - funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like I'll have to wait for another 10-20 days for the book to come from England. The King County Inter-library loan are good only for North America...and I found out today there are no library copies of that in North America.

    ReplyDelete