Sunday, February 13, 2011

Beard-uary

It's bearduary...so that would have to be either January or February. It's been exactly one week of not shaving. The underside of my chin is beginning to itch. I guess I have the beginning of a beard, but so far it just looks...well...scruffy, uneven...I've heard...edgy. I can go with that. I have an edgy part of my personality that I like to explore. Some have said it makes me look more dangerous...but then change their mind as if searching for the right word. In some ways I feel like my beard growth has given me more freedom. I'm more likely to say what I want, what I feel...people are less likely to argue with me...and I'd rather not argue...unless I'm in a mood. The beard growth has definitely affected my personality. I wonder if that is...well...I was going to say normal...but I hate that word...it's so meaningless to me. But I wonder...what affect has beard growth had on you...or someone you know well? Has their personality changed? Does it make no difference? Perhaps it's mostly the same...with some differences. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. What an interesting social experiment you've got going on! It's very intirguing how differently you're being treated just because of a redistribution of facial hair! Are you noticing any difference between the way men and women are reacting to your new look?

    ReplyDelete