Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Two days later

It's nearly two days later...after shaving my head. It feels weird. Sometimes I touch my sideburns, expecting them to be there. I've gotten various comments from "I nearly didn't recognize you", to "you look good", to "you look about 10 years younger". My first bald outing was Monday night poetry. All looked surprised...although I reckon many didn't even notice...or just thought there was something different about me...and couldn't place why. That's probably what I would think....depending on where my head space was... It's weird...putting on my undershirt over my head felt like scratch paper...and of course my head gets colder. Now there's just a ghosting of white and grey across my head and face...like God decided as a joke to sprinkle salt and pepper from the sky and have it stick. Now to go outside again...with a knit cap...otherwise my head will be like a cold bowling ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment