Saturday, June 30, 2012

3, 2, 1,0

Earler this week I set my electric razor to a 3.  Then this morning on my birthday I set it to 2, 1, and finally 0 (just the razor).  I wanted to capture what my face would look like at each step of shaving history.  Most of all I wanted to see my full shaved face on my birthday, though I razored my head too.  Now it's just bald with a light spackling of white and grey...like light dirty snow fall in the beginning of summer.  I left my eyebrows.  Somehow they're the only thing that's brown...with dispatches of white.  My face is no longer itchy, particularly under my chinny chin chin...though it's red because I safety razored it too close.  I must have been thinking that if I shaved it closer, I would shave the itchiness away.  Now my chin is all red, like the hole in my chin was drinking too much.  I guess I wanted to try a new look on my birthday...and metaphorically I want to start that by having my whole face and head exposed to the elements...see what seeps through and what it becomes in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment