Saturday, June 30, 2012

Hernia recovery zone

Night five in the hernia recovery zone.  I took a shower for the first time since Tuesday, cleaned place for the first time since...  We won't go into that.  I think I got tired of smelling my pajamas.  So I did a load of laundry, changed into real clothes, had real meals today.  Usually I've just had nuts, bananas, and pills.  I guess that explains a lot.  My appetite is back though I'm still icing myself.  I think that's why I took a shower...to wash the icing off.  Now I'm lower cholesterol.  Maybe the upped dosage of Oxycodone is making me loopy...though I'm getting lost of rest.  I finally broke through from my place of confinement from Herniacane Dan...and took about a half mile walk.  I understand now why the jock strap and lots of icing.  I know...TMI  Speaking of TMI, I had my first bowel movement in four days.  I guess I'm eating enough now.  I officially sound old now...getting excited about a bowel movement.  I was warned by an older poet who has been through many surgeries that this day would come.  Time to finish this blog, have my nuts and Oxycodone, read, and sleep.  I'm supposed to have food with medication but I'm already bananas and nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment