Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Wednesday

Tuesday I felt fine after hernia surgery...so I didn't take any pain pills before going to bed.  Mistake!  Woke up at 3:30 AM and gradually rolled and pulled my way out of bed.  Walking to the kitchen probably registered about a 9 on the pain scale.  I was shaking, my forehead sweating, felt nauseous, and could barely walk.  I took one pain pill with food and went back to bed.  Eventually got some sleep.  Took another pain pill four hours later, but wasn't feeling any better...had no appetite.  Called the doctor.  He said to up the prescription from one to two, so before noon I had two pills, read for half an hour, and went back to bed.  This time I had a good sleep.  Woke to a phone call.  My clogging group, the Eclectic Cloggers, was going to bring food over for me.  This time I felt more mobile and less pain...and half an hour later food arrived at my door!  I felt so fortunate.  My appetite is coming back.  Even though I'm still in pain, I feel lucky to have so many people looking after me.

No comments:

Post a Comment