Friday, June 29, 2012

Vacuum cleaner RIP

I think I killed my vacuum cleaner.  That's probably a good thing.  I think most people clean their place once a day, a week, a month, a year.  For me it's been...well...I won't say.  But I feel better about my place.  I threw out a bunch of papers and put my "lost" books in their shelves.  The bathroom and the kitchen are cleaned up.  I swept everything onto the rugs.  Then I turned on the vacuum cleaner.  It wasn't long before it started to whine.  Then it started to smell like burned rubber.  I continued to vacuum.  Finally as it began to lose power, the whine turned to a whimper.  I made it clean up a few last clumps.  It's my mother's old upright Hoover vacuum cleaner.  Time to get something new.  Who knows...Maybe it will encourage me to clean more often.  Still have a lot more to do, but it feels manageable now.  I have the windows open now to get rid of that burned rubber smell.  I think it's the smell of guilt...

No comments:

Post a Comment