Saturday, September 24, 2011

Later

Are you writing just to write?
Or is there a reason for this?
I don't know.
Yes you do.
Are you writing to get 10 views a day?
So you can average 300 for this month?
What justice does that do you as a writer?
Do you want to break February's page view record of 329?
Yes you do.
But what's the point?
It's better to put out quality over quantity.
And this is the busiest time of the year at work.
If your creative juices are suffering a bit
Why don't you forgive yourself?
Your mind and body don't have to be on work overdrive.
It's effecting your sleep
It's making you too restless to be truly creative
So you put out creative intellectual nonsense exercises
Some people like them, but I know I can do better
There's not enough emotion in them, not enough real
Maybe there's enough real and emotion at work
That it's cutting back my best writing
I don't know
I'm told to be kind to myself
That's a hard lesson to learn
Even this poem with reality
Has trite written all over it
Write from your living
Connect with me
Tell me what's going on
Just tell me
Give me an example
Just one example
I would but I'm too tired
Has trite written all over it
Just tell me one thing
No pity party
Just one thing
Later.

Denis Streeter 9/24/11

1 comment: