Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Unexplainable

Over in the yard
Unknown yet set
In the living room tommorrow
The bees bumbled in
All too human
Archie Bunker bluster
All the senses forgotten
Out the window buzzying busyness
Thinking the last line was clever
But it wasn't
Something on the line of
"There's nothing new under the sun"
Most commonly associated with Ecclesiastes
Well then call me ignorant
I like to think there is something new under the sun
Poetry expresses everything
In every unique form and expression
As long as there are poets, artists, musicians
There will be something new under the sun
Of course there's always the possibility
That they're saying the same thing
Just in a different way
If it's a unique genuine expression
It's justified
There is so much out there that is
Just unexplainable
I want to explore the unexplainable
The hope of the spirit, the emptiness of darkness
I want to merge with conflict and feel whole
I want to feel the unknown terrain
Without fear, without anger
I want to learn to love what I don't understand
But I don't know if I can
It's too much
But I can with you
I want to love you
But I can't always do that
It's just not there
It's not platitudes I want
It's your reality
I want to explore your reality
I want to explore the unexplainable
No explanation love.

Denis Streeter 9/13/11

No comments:

Post a Comment