Monday, September 12, 2011

Musings

We live in a finite world
Our existence on this physical earth
Born, pay taxes, and die.
We live in an infinite world
Where what we say and do
Has repercussions
We love
And sometimes in love
We make errors
That seem so large
As to be unforgivable
But that is a lie
Love is also
Learning, sharing, understanding
Listening...
I believe in God
A God I believe I can share
The totality of myself
And that includes my unbelief
I believe in a God that understands my contradictions
Maybe God already knows everything about me
That doesn't matter
It's a checking in
Sharing what's close to me
My love, my distress
Just checking in
See what shakes out
It's a sort of prayer
Call it what you will
Something shakes out
Carries me on my way
Through my day
Through my anger, understanding, love
Through all lifes contradictions
Something carries me
I don't see it
I don't understand it
I feel it
It's there
Wisdom, care
Share and love
Something beyond

Denis Streeter 9/12/11

No comments:

Post a Comment